Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 19 - July 22

And here is the latest installment. We are less than 5 weeks out from the show! At this point, I am taking things day by day. The upcoming weekend is my weekend for the shore house but I am not sure if I am going to make it. I will have to see how I feel. I really enjoyed this weekend "off" from the shore.


Thursday, July 19, 2012 SSF
Back/Calves/HC
Lat Pulldown Wide: 50x12, 60x12, 70x10, 90x6, 70x6, 50x10
Bent Over Row: 65x12, 95x10, 120x6, 95x10, 70x12
1 Arm Cable Row: 50x12x3
Deadlift: 135x15x3
Calf Work: 100x15, 140x15, 160x15, 180x15x3

No cardio today – spent most of it in the car driving around and doing errands while on the way back from the shore. I ran into Luray at Whole Foods, Marlton and we got caught up. What a great person and I am looking forward to seeing her at the show. She is happy and I am happy for her.

I was sleepy today, but my work out was pretty good. I think I am sleepier at the shore to be honest. I seem to have more energy at home. While I am grateful to be able to go every other week – many people would love it; it is bittersweet for me. In some ways, I would like to just stay at home and get things done. I seem to be more productive at home too. But then I think about the sun and the sand and just watching those waves and there is no other place I would rather prep than on a beach. That being said, I am happy to be going home today.

My foot was not swollen anymore. It was just a slight bit tender and so all is good with that.

Today is drop set option day and instead of just sticking with the reps on the sheet when I was on the lighter weights, I just went to failure for those and then kept dropping down the weight, repeat to failure.

Smith machine calves
1 armed row – vertical grip and used the small Precor tower. I swapped the order with these with deads since I did not want to lose the cage.
Deads – I was thrilled to get all 3 sets in at 135 with full 15 reps each. This was so tough. But I did it! Yay! Wow, 215 is so far away right now…


Friday, July 20, 2012 LAF MGV
Shoulders/Hams/Abs/MC
Side Lateral: 5x15, 10x10x2, 20x6, 10x8, 5x10
Incline Delt Press: 20x15, 30x8x3
Upright Row: 25x12, 30x12x2, 40x12
Front Raise Plate: 25x12x2
Stiff Leg Deadlift DB: 35x8, 45x8, 55x12, 35x12
Leg Curl: 50x12, 60x12, 75x10x2
Abs: SS crunches with 5 lb. DB and oblique twists with 5 lb. db.

Cardio: HIIT with Crossramp 12x20. Stretches. I am not sure when my legs are going to work again for sprints. I will try next week maybe. Tomorrow I will do spin bike HIIT. Although I am not moving with the power and speed that I used to have, I am still trying to work hard. It gets tougher every HIIT session I face.

Today is drop set option day and I am still repping it out at the lower weights.

Had some super energy today and so I took advantage of that for my workout.

Abs – my abs are starting to get stronger and have more endurance. Nice!

Leg curls – forgot this place has no lying leg curl so I did the seated type. That is ok though – SSF had the lying leg curl and so it was nice to have the variety.

SLDL – I just kept going until my grip gave out at the two different weights.

Check in and progress pictures today. I have a 6 pack in the morning complete with ab veins and sometimes my 6 pack shows up in the afternoon. It is out at the gym too. I have veins in my biceps and shoulders and on my chest now too. That is cool. When I am in my heels, you can see the separation between the gastroc and the soleus in my calves – very cool.

Weight: 122.9 – yeah, I am keeping that .9lb and not rounding up, lol!!
Waist: 27
Hips: 34
Chest: 35

I got my suit back from Theresa – she stoned it for me and it is gorgeous. I put it on and it fits great. I will definitely be using the body glue too.


Saturday, July 21, 2012 LAF MGV
Arms/MC
Hammer Curl: 10x12, 12x10, 20x15, 15x10, 10x10
Close Grip Bar Curl: 25x10x2, 35x8x2
1 Arm Cable Curl: 20x12x3
Triceps Press (Short): 40x12, 50x12, 70x8, 60x10, 30x12
Lying Bar Extension: 25x12, 30x12x3
1 Arm Rope: 20x12x3

Cardio: HIIT on the spin bike 12x20. I am getting my HIIT done well within the 24 minute time limit. I only need about a minute rest before I go again – at least until the last couple sets, then I may take about 90 seconds. I don’t do a complete 35 minutes of cardio though – should I? I can do steady state for the difference before I do my five minute cool down. I am not running right now and I think that is why. My body kinda freaks out when I think about sprints anymore. But I do want to try on Tuesday after my chest workout. I am going to start splitting the cardio away from the weight sessions when I can too.

Stretches

Another energetic day today so I am taking advantage. Seriously, I felt good. I don’t too many of these days lately. I am usually feeling drained so I am just going with it. For example – hammer curl 20x10 – where did that come from?? Perhaps I could have done 25s? But these days, I never know. I could pick up 20s and barely move them next time. I just go with whatever I can do well and get done.

Drop set option day and I am repping out the lighter weights.

1 arm cable curl – dropped the weight down only because I wanted to get deeper into the bicep more – the heavier weight was getting too much shoulder involved.

Small Life Fitness cable tower used for the 1 arm cable curl, 1 arm rope press, and the short triceps press – the lighter option of course haha!

And that is it for group A – next up is group B.


Sunday, July 22, 2012 OFF
YAY – I really needed an off day. I have done chores, ran errands, and worked on projects, but I am very tired today. I feel cranky and I was no fun when I went out with my dad earlier. I just didn’t have any patience and I think he is losing his mind sometimes. He is getting up there in years.

I am drinking my coffee pretty much 24/7 just to feel normal. Usually I am jittery after 2 cups or 1 big Starbucks. I wonder how it will be once my body heals and recovers – will I be a caffeine junkie? Will I need several gallons per day just to function – or will food be my source of energy as it should be? I hope so.

I have wacky sleep patterns now. But I just go with it. I really don’t want to take any sleeping pills if I don’t have to. I just use the extra hours awake to my advantage and get more things done.

One thing I laugh about is how my shore house friends said that I didn’t have to drink to be out of it – the lack of food has made me loopy and I fit right in with their drunken selves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment