Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Little Boost and Now I am Back to Tired.


Thursday, August 9, 2012
HIIT 15x20 spin bike, quick stretch, 20 minutes posing practice

I am feeling good today despite 4 hours of sleep. I am wired again. I am getting a lot done again. So I will just go with it because I never know when the drop in energy will come. The HIIT session went well and I actually sweated a tiny bit. I was more sensitive to temperature today. Wow – it has been warm this summer hasn’t it.

I am worried about my rear pose. I am trying to get those lats wide. I have got the front and sides down pat. But the back is hard. I need to see it in order to make the connection with the feeling I should have and this is proving hard to do. I will keep working on it.


Friday, August 10, 2012 LAF WAR
Quads/Abs/HC
Leg Press: 180x10x4, 270x8x3
Squat: 45x15, 95x12, 155x6x3
Leg Extension: 60x12x3
Sissy Squat: 12, 20, 12
Abs: Crunches SS Bicycle 4x20

Cardio: 30 minutes on the bike, stretch

Superset the abs with the sissy squats (body weight) and I forgot to stop after 12 on the second set. Haha – wow, a few days ago I would have cried if I had to do one more. Now I forget. Nice! I decided not to do drop sets today because I feel more powerful and I want to take advantage of this pseudo-strength. No posing practice today – I am giving that a rest, plus it is killing me mentally about that back pose. I am going to be fine. Plus we have one more class and I can get more feedback then.

I have a slight tweak in my right lower, inner quad, but it is not really bothering me too much.

Another thing that is nice today is that I am thinking “maybe I can do one more” instead of “god, when is this over???” and dreading the gym. I am not looking forward to the workout, but I am no longer almost crying when I think about moving. Oddly enough, it feels like I am eating too much now. I feel like I am pigging out all of a sudden. I get through part of my meal and I am like, geesh, I still have to eat more? It is amazing what 20 tiny little carbs can do. I am also not peeing every 20 minutes. Now it is about once per hour. I can deal with that. I am more productive when I am not always on the toilet.
Now I also recognize that my mind is strong again, but my body is not. So I have to be careful. I am not going to push it since staying injury free is the game right now. But I am more powerful in my movements. I don’t fade out after two exercises. I can make it through the workout and in a timely fashion. No more zoning out between sets. That is nice too.

I did get hot and thirsty and I even sweated a bit during this workout. I actually feel like I am in my post season again today. Nice!


Saturday, August 11, 2012 LAF MGV
Chest/HC
Slight Incline DB Press: 20x10x3, 30x8, 30x6x2
Flat Bar Press: 45x15, 65x10, 95x7, 65x10
Chest Dips: 12x2, 11x1
Incline DB Press: 25x12x3

Cardio: HIIT 15x20 on spin bike and stretch

Well, I did the whole cool down on the spin bike – warm up too. No cutting it short out of aggravation. The 30x8 on the presses was because I forgot how many reps I needed to do. Hmmm, have not done that in a while. I love that. I would love to go heavier, but I still have to make it through the whole workout. I am in a super great mood today. I can actually feel when those carbs hit my blood stream – it is like rocket fuel. It still does not feel like I am going to be in the gym forever. I did not fade out after the second exercise either.

I am still taking a break on posing practice. I am just hitting poses between sets instead – mainly the front and rear.

I got a solid 10 hours of sleep, but I had to take a sleeping pill. I hate that. But one thing I do like is that I am planning my daily activities and to do list and I am not feeling overwhelmed. Now I think, yeah I can do that and that. Time has also slowed down. Before time would be flying by and I would be moving so slowly. An hour would seem to go buy in 5 minutes. I was like – where did the time go whenever I would do something. Now I am moving again.

I am not guzzling my water as much or peeing as much still. That is nice.


Sunday, August 12, 2012 LAF WAR
Back/Calves/HC
Lat Pulldown Wide: 60x12, 75x10, 90x8, 105x6, 60x12
Close Row: 75x12x3
DB Bent Row: 20x10x2, 45x8, 20x10
Bent Over Row: 95x15x3
Calf Raises: 50x15x5

Cardio: 30 minute bike

I did seated calves today as I was feeling lazy. I had 5 hours of sleep – no pill, but I am feeling ok. I dropped the weight to 60 on the lat pulldowns so I could really rep it out. That was good. Still no formal posing practice. I was hitting the rear pose between some of my sets again – just trying to expand my back and get it wide with the shoulders back and not hunched. I think I am getting it. Overall this workout was strong.

I mixed up the order of my 2 exercises today – oops. Oh well.


Monday, August 13, 2012 LAF WAR
Shoulders/Hams/Abs/MC
DB Press: 15x10x3, 30x6, 15x10
Bar Shrug: 75x12, 95x10, 135x8, 95x15
Front Raise: 20x12x3
SS Rear Delt Raise: 12x12x3
Glute Hams: 20x4
Leg Curl: 50x10, 70x10, 40x10
Abs: Combo crunches SS torso twists. 20x4

Cardio: HIIT 15x20 on spin bike, stretch, posing practice -10 minutes. I did the full warm up and cool down too.

Another solid workout – managed those 30s on shoulder press for 6. It was a push, but I got all of them.

Leg curl was lying leg curl since they have this machine here. I like this gym better actually, but it is 15 minutes farther from me.

I have tweaked my right lat pretty good – may actually be the upper intercostals. But that is ok. This is a very old injury and it flares up from time to time from over use. Advil and Ben Gay and ice will do the trick and I will be fine in a few days. Right quad is good again – that was actually fine 2 days ago again too. I will let the left side do most of my ADL work.

I took Advil PM last night and slept solid.

Abs – superset with glute hams. I like this combo and I can go right through.


Tuesday, August 15, 2012 LAF MGV
Arms/MC
BB Curl: 20x12x3, 50x6, 20x12
Alternating DB Curl: 20x8x3
Concentration Curl: 15x12x3
Triceps Dips: 35, 25, 20
Rope Pressdown: 45x12x3
Reverse Press: 45x12x3

Cardio: 30 minute bike

No posing practice. I am so over it. I just wanted to go home. I have too much to do and I have no more time to spend in the gym. I feel like I have no time to get anything done.

Rope and reverse press downs done on the smaller LifeFitness tower with the lighter option. Triceps dips done on the bench with feet raised.

Ok so I got a solid 9 hours of sleep again thanks to Advil PM and I am groggy today. I am avoiding too much caffeine so I can sleep good tonight. I would like to try and sleep without the sleeping aid for once, but I am not sure if this is a good idea. Tomorrow is a super busy day. Time is starting to fly by again. I was starting to get antsy at the gym again and I am feeling hungry/unsatisfied by my food again. I need more to eat is the feeling. Bummer. I was enjoying the other days, but I had a feeling this was soon coming. I look at my agenda and I just want to cry. I don’t want to move again.

Well, 11 days to go. Almost there. It is funny, everyone is excited about the show and I am not. I just want it over with at this point. I seriously don’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment